Sunday, March 18, 2012

This Past Week's Creations

Hi Everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Hope everyone's week went well and that you all stayed safe tonight on St. Patty's Day. Getting ready to start another new week. Just checking in with a few creations I did this past week. This first one was a Let's Scrap challenge 131 by Mindi Brown and it was to create something using everyday photos that aren't typically scrapped. We do a lot of holidays, birthdays, and trips but this time was to scrap an everyday photo(s) from last year and to scrap using materials that you started out using in the very beginning of your scrapping. So no using any cricut cutters or any fancy embellishments. This was my take on the challenge:
This is my submission for challenge131 and I used the left side of sketch 8-3-11. I used one of those everyday photos you don't usually scrap from last year of my husband and our cat, Nightfury, watching a huge thunderstorm we had last year. We love thunderstorms and this was a great one. I used some old cloud and raindrop die cuts from my very first stash when i started scrapping. This was a great challenge to finally use them!! I also used some raindrop stickers(I used mostly dies and stickers back then)and a cute lil' umbrella sticker. This challenge made me appreciate the fun tools I have today that make everything so much easier!! Oh and I was also very into the letter stickers for titles which I hardly ever use anymore! The quote next to the picture says "delight in the little things". Betty Anne Orr of Let's Scrap, posted to show one of our first layouts from when we first started scrapping. These are the two I shared:
This was the first page i ever made in my very first scrapbook I started in h.s. It was a "me" page starting with a baby pic and ending with my senior pic. This is one of those walmart albums held by string that is falling apart and as you can see, I didn't keep everything on the 8.5x11 paper b/c of how the scrapbook was. I printed the quote off my computer and the heart "accept me" is from a dollar store. The paper is computer paper that comes in a bulk package and used in a few of my layouts in the beginning....which I also still have. lol!! I would like to redo this scrapbook...or find some way to take everything out and put it in a page protected book but I'm at a loss of how to do it since both sides of the page are used and I think it's bigger than a 12x12 scrapbook. If anyone has any ideas please leave me a message. It would be greatly appreciated!!
This next one is still in the same scrapbook but further towards the end of it. My skills were slowly improving but I still used a lot of dollar store papers, sticker letters, decorative scissors, and I was starting to get into more embellishments. Very minimal though. Gel pens, stickers, paper, decorative scissors, and photos. I was very big into Me and My Big Ideas(still am). I love them...their people are so cute!! I'd like to say I've come a long way since these beginning scrap pages. :) My second creation this week was using Let's Scrap's 2-29-12 sketch.
Paddle boating with friends at McDowell Dam. The backing paper on the 4 center photos is water paper. very pretty sunset! So much fun and it was gorgeous outside!!
I also made this card last night for a birthday boy who turned one! Happy Birthday Tyler! The party was farm themed and so I thought this cute little duck card was appropriate. I used the Create a Critter cartridge. So that's my creations this past week and I'm hoping to create some more this coming week. Hope everyone has a great lazy and crafty Sunday!! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Awe! I made it into your blog! Even if I'm in a scary mask :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete