Monday, August 6, 2012

Would a Bad Witch Wear Shoes This Fabulous? Card

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I spent my day yesterday starting my Halloween cards! Halloween definitely has to be my favorite holiday!!I have a lot of projects planned for this year that I'm hoping to accomplish!

So today's card is made from Cricut's "Happy Hauntings" cartridge and the frame is from "Accent Essentials". So the card is 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" and then I layered the purple mat on top of that and it measures 4" by 5 1/4". I then layered the striped mat on top and this one is 3 3/4" by 5". The frame from "Accent Essentials" is cut at 3" and instead of matching it up, I decided to tilt the black one on top of the white one. The witches shoe is from "Happy Hauntings" and I also cut this at 3" and I used foam tape to give it some dimension.

Quick side story about the "Happy Haunting's" cartridge...I was going to buy it last week at Hobby Lobby and it was $50 still and not much cheaper on amazon or anywhere else. My husband told me to wait a week and I'm so glad he did b/c this past week Wednesday I came in to buy it and it was clearanced and with my employee discount I got the cartridge for $25!! Thanks for making me wait, hubby!!

The stamp is from My Craft Spot's "Candy Corn Kisses" stamp set. I just got this set and it's my first time using it. The sentiments are sooo cute!! The stamp I used is "Would a bad witch wear shoes this fabulous" and I inked around the edges with purple ink and then also popped it up with foam tape!


The inside I kept simple and added the same purple mat in the same dimensions and stamped "Happy Halloween!"
I'm getting really excited for Halloween now and I hope this card makes you excited as well!

Thanks for looking and have a great week!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Halloween! It is my favorite holiday too! I just love fall...your card is so cute!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, though I'm still engrossed in summer. Love the colors...and that shoe! I'd love to see a tutorial on shaped cards on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love how you offset the frame. :)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! That witches shoe is one of my favs!! Great card!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete