Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Scenic Route Layout

Happy Tuesday everyone!! 
It's nice and sunny out today and a little bit of our snow is melting. 
Today's creation is for our DT member Kristine's challenge at Let's Scrap which is to make a layout using polaroids. She shows you how you can mat your photos so that they look like polaroids. I have been wanting to do this for a while and I finally have done it thanks to her challenge. You can view her challenge HERE.

Here is the Let's Scrap sketch I used for this challenge:

And here is my take on this challenge:
 This was on our SD trip that we took to go camping and visit Mt. Rushmore. On our way into SD, we decided to take the Peter Norbeck National Scenic Byway route to our campsite. I'm glad we did this right away b/c it was quite long but it was a gorgeous route and there was so much to see. I loved the one lane, narrow tunnels that you would have to honk your horn before you went through and when you came through on the other side, you saw Mt. Rushmore in the distance, framed by beautiful greenery. I got some great photos of this. 
 Lots of fun traveling stickers that I added to make my title...
 ...and besides journaling on each picture, I also added some more stickers as embellishments. 
 Also added some pretty butterflies to my pretty, botanical papers and some arrows that have maps on them. They blended in a little bit with the papers, so I also inked them with Tim Holtz's Tea Dye distress ink. Love how this layout turned out and I will definitely be making more polaroid layouts in the future. 

You have until Thursday, 11:59 p.m. to play along with her challenge. 

Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment