Thursday, April 19, 2012

You Are the Icing On My Cupcake Birthday Card

Hey everyone!

Well, after hanging out with the in-laws yesterday, we were reminded that Bill's sister is turning 10 this next Tuesday! So even though I was already planning it, my husband told me today that he'd like me to make her a birthday card. I was only happy to oblige!

His little sister is a real girly-girl and so I had to make this card mostly pink.


I'm really striving to use leftover scraps before I break out any 12x12 papers. I found this cute green and pink plaid scrap in my scraps binder and then I decided I wanted to use the pink poodle and cupcake from Create a Critter cartridge. I inked around the cupcake and poodle with pink ink and the green cupcake wrapper with a little bit of green ink. I also added some pink stickles to the cherry. To frame the pair, I used one of the layers from the tag image in the Sugar and Spice cartridge. Again, I inked around the frame with pink ink. Then I used Pink by Design's "you are" stamp set and used the sentiment, "you are the icing on my cupcake" stamped in pink and inked around the edge with green ink. The border for this was just cut using a pair of decorative scissors. I added a cute little cupcake ribbon and that was it!! The inside is stamped "Happy Birthday" and I hope she likes this card as much as I do. I think it is so cute.

I'm off to get some more work done and hopefully fit in some more craftin'!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and taking a look!

2 comments: