Thursday, May 17, 2012

INSM12#16---A La Carte Challenge

Hi everyone,

Tonight's post is a layout I made my Mindi and Cathy's A La Carte challenge and "A La Carte" means according to the menu. Each day Mindi and Cathy gave us a new recipe item to add to our layouts. This challenge is now done and everything has been added and I am going to show you my progression for this layout that happened day to day as a new item was added.

So the first day was this sketch and to add 3 patterned papers and a layered title:


The 2nd day was to add at least 3 eyelets or brads:
I added in the above photo 12 green brads and two corner frame brads to my title.

The 3rd day was to add a zipper(pieces of one, a whole one, or something you made with a zipper). I have never done anything with zippers on a lo before but thank goodness for pinterest!! I made the following zipper rosettes and then added a rhinestone to each for the center:

So on the 4th day, we needed to add some bling. Technically the bling in my rosettes could count, but I decided to add a little bit more by adding teal glitter glue to border my journaling spot. I also decided to add the zipper ends to the other corner of my big photo while I was at it.

The 5th day was to add either 2 paper clips and/or 5 staples. I added 3 spiral paper clips to the right side. One clip is bronze, one is silver, and the 3rd is gold.

And the 6th day for the final element was to add photo corners. I had already added photo corners to my title but I added 3 more to my left side and wrote my journaling in. Here is the finished layout!

Thanks for taking a look and have a happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment