I finished another challenge for Let's Scrap INSM event. I have been working on this for a couple of weeks, mainly because I was getting some stuff to do what I had in mind for it.
For Denise's Challenge #5, she asked us to make an altered scrapping project using postage stamps somewhere on our creation. I decided I was going to make an altered box to hold my handmade embellishments that I've made and haven't used yet.
I did forget to take a picture of my box in it's original form, but it was just an unfinished wooden box that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I then painted it in a "chocolate" color paint. I only did one coat as I didn't want it too dark and I wanted it to look more weathered.
Now I do not have the Ranger melting pot they use for this material, but I do have that on my wish list. So, for now and to save money, I just heated up UTEE in a kettle on the stove until it was all melted and dragged my silk flowers and leaves through it and laid them on some foil to dry. My first attempt isn't the most perfect but I think it still looks pretty and the second time was even better!!
This first picture I just wanted to show you the comparison between the original silk flowers(left) and the faux porcelain-ized flower(right). It really improved the color!!
Then I hot glued my leaves and my flowers onto the top of my box.