Thursday, May 24, 2012

Let's Scrap INSM12#12--True Beauty Lies Within

Well my hump day was quite lovely. It's the last week of school before it lets out for the summer and I received a call to substitute next year for 3 months for a maternity leave.I called this teacher back and we chatted about the job and it turns out that I was recommended to her by another music teacher whom I subbed for this past year for 2 1/2 weeks while she was on her honeymoon. It's nice to be recommended. Just when I was starting to feel my insecurities creeping back up on me, I get a nice pick-me-up. So it's super nice to know that for 3 months next year I'm already booked and will have job security.

It was a gorgeous day outside and the hubby and I enjoyed some time outside with our kitty. Nightfury really enjoyed it! I did get two layouts done and you have already seen the last one. The second one which I finished late Wednesday night is another INSD challenge. Elizna's challenge was to include a bingo card on our layout and also a banner.

Here is the sketch I used:

Here is my take on it:

In a pine tree I planted in elementary school for Arbor Day we found a robin's nest with 4 blue eggs in it. They later hatched and I got a picture of the chicks in their naked glory! I had this idea in my head to just have a mess of things put together for this layout and I think I like it for the most part! The majority of this layout is just a bunch of rub-on stickers and then I added a couple borders on the right side and bottom but covered up parts of them with feathers and a bird's nest embellie. I did also add a few more butterfly stickers that are not rub-ons and the Bingo card I kind of suspended in mid-mess of this layout is a Tim Holtz embossing folder and I embossed it in my cuttlebug and stamped it with Tim Holtz's peeled paint ink. 

Close-Ups:





Thanks for taking a look and have a happy Thursday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment