Wednesday, October 31, 2012

When Witches Go Riding Step Card

Hi everyone! Happy Halloween!! 

I've got another super cute Halloween card that I've made for My Craft Spot's #75--Too Cute to Spook challenge and it's a 3 step card. I'm loving these kind of cards. I think if you're going to send a card, especially for like Christmas and holidays, your receivers should be able to display it easily and easel cards, step cards, or s-fold cards really do the trick!

I used some basic, dark purple paper for the card base. I then cut out my witch, cat, grass, gate, and grave from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.
 I then added my sentiment from My Craft Spot's Spooky Treat's stamp set. It says, "When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, 'tis near Halloween". I think it's just an adorable little poem! 
 I added some tiny, green rhinestones to my cat and witch for their eyes. Then I cut some little stars and my moon from the Create a Critter 2 cartridge. The polka dot paper is from DCWV's Halloween & Fall stack. I also inked the grass with Tim Holtz's tea dye distress ink.
Looking at it from the right side: 
 And from the left side:
There it is! Super cute card(at least I think so) and I hope to make many more of this fold!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool card! I love the step design and you used my FAV sentiment stamp! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the style & scene you've created for the Halloween card. I host a weekly challenge at Speedy TV Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Salutations in which the challenge this wk, challenge #17 is Cat - Wild or Domestic. Membership is free in MFP. Please ck it out, join, enter & let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card love the design. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete