Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Paper Crafting Snowflakes CWC Challenge

Hi everyone!! I'm very excited to announce that after doing My Paper Craftings 25 Days of Christmas showcase, I was asked to stay on for the new year as a regular designer. I'm so happy and honored to have been asked to continue creating with them.

Our first challenge for the new year is:

Originally, we were making snowflakes for this challenge to send to Newtown, CT to decorate the school for when the students return. However, due to the huge response, they are no longer accepting snowflakes. So instead we are asking you to create snowflakes projects to decorate your own homes and areas in honor of the children.

Our showcase coordinator Charlotte also suggested sending them on to the school board and they can use them for their facility or other facilities they choose.

Here is their address:

Newtown Board of Education:
3 Primrose St. Newtown CT 06470.

Alright, so here is what I created for my project:
This is a white A2 cardstock base and then I added a blue patterned paper and then my snowflake patterned paper on top of that. Then I stamped my sentiment which says, "Snowflakes are beautiful, pure, and white, and like God's children, no two are alike". Then I cut this snowflake from Create a Critter 2 and stickled it with stardust stickles glitter glue!
 The inside has the same mats and then I just added the cream mat with some Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink around the edges. Then I stamped the sentiment, "There's snowone quite like you". I then added another smaller snowflake and glitter glued that one too. 

Please check out My Paper Crafting to take a look at our other DT member's creations for this challenge and you can also see the rules/requirements for playing along. Thanks so much for stopping by today and for playing along with our Wonderful Wednesday's Craft with Cutters challenge!! 




4 comments:

  1. What a warm wonderful card! I love what you did on the inside of your card as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just beautiful Jennifer! I love, love that snowflake paper and I love your die cut snowflake but it is your sentiments that I just love! I need to find a stamp like that. Could you tell me where you got them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them at My Craft Spot. She is a blogger that makes her own acrylic stamps among other things. She has really cute stuff!! Here is where she sells her stuff: http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  3. Jennifer so happy to have you staying on the team. Your card is so beautiful and love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete