Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

So last night I finally got back in the kitchen again. I have such a blast on Pinterest looking at the food and all the other crafting stuff as you well know so I went to one of my food boards and decided on making Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas. You can find the original recipe HERE. 

For the most part I did stick to the original recipe but I did add my own small additions to it. I only did a 10oz. can of the tomatoes with chilies as I couldn't find a 15 oz. can and instead of 1/2 a red and 1/2 a green pepper, I just added a whole green pepper to the dish. I also had to add a 14oz. can of black beans! Love black beans and I thought it was a good choice! It turned out fantastic and it was a rainy day yesterday so I had a cool home to work in and didn't have to worry about the oven making it hot and unbearable to work in. 

Here's how it turned out!

Added sour cream and cheddar cheese to it and it definitely hit the spot!

By the way, I got some green pepper plants and jalapeno plants from my friend Tiff and I potted them and I finally have some jalapenos forming!! The green peppers are taking longer but it looks like they are starting to get buds on them now. I can't believe they are still alive! I want a garden someday sooo bad but I've been such a plant killer. Usually by drowning them....these planters help drain the excess water though. I used to love helping my grandparents with their garden and eating their fresh cucumbers and strawberries...mmm...

 Well anyways, I'd better get some work done. It won't do itself! Wait till you see what I made for dessert last night!! So fantastic!!

Happy hump day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment